Over here at love, Pittsburgh, we LOVE Steel City Salt! Every team member has their favorite salt and creative ways to use it in the kitchen. We are sharing a few of our favorite recipes to incorporate these unique salt blends.
Alfredo with a Twist
I love finding ways to take a simple recipe and add a "secret ingredient" to make it my own. This simple take on Alfredo is an easy 30-minute recipe with Steel City Salts as the twist!
1 pound pasta (Campanelle pasta is my choice for cream-based pastas)
1 stick butter
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon of love, Pittsburgh Everything Salt (or an alternative option is 1/2 teaspoon of Black Truffle Sea Salt and 1/2 teaspoon of Tellicherry Peppercorn)
2 cups grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped parsley for garnish
1. Cook pasta according to the directions. (Pasta can be cooking at the same time as making the sauce).
2. Melt butter into a pan and add garlic. Cook on a medium heat until garlic is golden brown.
3. Once the garlic is at a golden brown, add the heavy whipping cream. Let it simmer at a low heat for 5 minutes.
4. Turn stove to a medium heat and add in your choice of Steel City Salts (love, Pittsburgh Everything Salt is my preference) and the parmesan cheese.
5. Whisk until all the cheese has melted. Then you're ready to serve with pasta and add parsley for garnish!
Tip: My favorite vegetable pairing with the Alfredo is roasted broccoli using Steeltown Garlic & Herb Blend!
Time to upgrade your snacks! Another popular use of the salts is to add them to popcorn! Sprinkling some of Malt Vinegar Salt or Black Truffle Sea Salt or any of the salts on popcorn will immediately elevate your popcorn game!
Dream Teamer, Amber, loves to add the Black Truffle Sea Salt and love, Pittsburgh Everything Salt on frozen french fries! And co-owner, Kelly, and her husband love to cut up cucumbers and use it as a vessel for a variety of salts!
For more ways to use salts for grilling and vegetarian options, read Kelly's Summer Grilling Recipes!